Downloading a PDF snapshot of a Google Doc

Integrated. Just redownload from https://github.com/benoitpointet/devonthink-stuff/tree/master/misc-scripts.

2 Likes

Wow that was fast. I just started nibbling around the applescript to see if I can hack it in but you beat me to it. Works great! :heart:

I indeed started by writing you how i would change the code. Once done it was easier to change the code. :wink:

I can see this script finding a lot of use going forward. My company is heavily invested in the gdrive ecosystem and something like this is a lifesaver for quickly looking up information.

Spreadsheets and other filetypes are 2 things I can think of that would be nice to have, but looking at the spreadsheets API - there is no direct PDF download, just a print to PDF. ā€œOther filetypesā€ being things like links to videos or image files.

I am also wondering if the dependency to RegexAndStuffLib could be replaced with a call to grep

But Iā€™m just nitpicking at this point. Thanks for the script, Iā€™ll see if I can find some time to extend it a bit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thx for sharing your points.

I guess the future of this script is about using the GDrive API to fully snapshot whatever drive / shared drive / folder is added as a bookmark.

But yeah it needs time to work on, and would also be harder to setup because of the need of an API key.

The script is now to be found here:

2 Likes

Ohh I see you added spreadsheet support? Iā€™m gonna try that!

is this still working today? iā€™m on a mac (Ventura) seeing no effect when i run this script. RegexAndStuffLib installed either in DTā€™s script folder or in ~/Library/Scriptsā€¦

Yes it does. It has a known issue with the export of Google Sheets. But works like a charm for Google Docs and Google Presentations.

Thank you for the confirmation. It nudged me to dig a little deeper, read the documentation more carefully, and see that I had RegexAndStuffLib in the wrong place. working now!

1 Like