Hey,

I want to do the following:
-1- browse the net with DT Pro
-2- right-click on a page
-3- select “Add link to Downloads”
-4- Start Downloadmanager
-5- get the file into DT Pro

Unfortunately I only get a failure message looking like this:

/Users/tboverma/Documents/work.dtBase/Files/citeseer.ist.psu.edu/rd/0,665450,1,0.25,Download/http:/citeseer.ist.psu.edu/cache/papers/cs/32008/http:zSzzSzwww.equator.ac.ukzSzProjectszSzDomesticEnvzSz…zSz…zSzPublicationStorezSz2002-gaver-0.pdf/gaver02ambiguity.pdf Failed

why?

Btw, I am behind a firewall, but I filled in the correct proxy settings in DT Pro.
In addition there is a lack of bypassing proxysettings for specific addresses…
Why don’t you just use the proxysettings of osX?

have a nice day
Till

Till:

I wouln’t use Download manager to capture data while browsing with DT Pro.

Try this when you are viewing a Web page in DT Pro’s browser and want to do a capture:

1. For a note capture, select desired text/image(s), Control-click to see contextual menu options and choose Capture Note.

2. For a page (HTML) capture, click in the background of the page, Control-click to see contextual menu options and choose Capture Page.

3. For a Web Archive capture, click in the background of the page, Control-click to see contextual menu options and choose Capture Web Archive.

That’s a really quick and easy process.

Suppose you encounter a PDF fiile that you wish to download. You could capture it to DT Pro using File > Print. When the Print panel comes up, hold down the PDF button and choose Save to DEVONthink Pro.scpt.

I usually don’t do that, as I want to save any bookmarks and hyperlinks in the PDF file. So I save the PDF to the Finder, then import it into DT Pro.

For handling PDFs in my browser, I like PDF Browser Plugin, which can be downloaded from Version Tracker and is free for personal or educational use. I install this plugin at /BootVolumeName/Library/Internet Plugins/. PDF Browser Plugin displays any bookmarks that may exist, and has a convenient Save button in its Toolbar.

Make certain, by the way, that Adobe’s plugin for browser viewing of PDFs isn’t installed on your computer. It can easily crash DT Pro. It will be in either your /BootVolumeName/Library/Internet Plugins folder, or in your /YourUserName/Library/Internet Plugins folder. If you find it there, delete it. It’s not necessary for Tiger, anyway.