Drag and Drop to Dock Icon

Hi,

I’m on High Sierra, Devonthink Office Pro.

I’m experiencing a strange bug since updating to HIgh Sierra. Dragging and dropping an item to DTPO dock icon cause the capture dialog to appear, but it is frozen. I cannot click on any of the buttons to capture the item. The dialog cannot be closed either, unless DTPO is quit.

Is this on a Mac with a Touchbar?

Yes

I’m on DEVONthink Pro Office 2.9.15, macOS 10.13, MacBook Pro 15" mid-2017 with Touch Bar.

No issues like the OP reported – and I drag things to the Dock icon frequently. My Import Preferences is Destination > Select Group, which causes the Groups and Tags dialog to open for selecting the group. Nothing freezes.

I’m on a mac with touchbar

There were some reports of issues with some people using Macs with a Touchbar. This should be fixed in the next maintenance release (if you’re experiencing it).

SImilar setup to Korm, but running macOS 10.13.1 and MacBook Pro 15" mid-2016 with touch bar

I’m still experiencing the freezing when dragging and dropping to Dock Icon with preferences set to Destination → Select Group

Switching preference to Destination → Global Inbox doesn’t result in Devonthink freezing, but it’s not ideal.

If you have updated to 2.9.16:

When DEVONthink is stalled, please launch the Activity Monitor.app (see /Applications/Utilities), select DEVONthink in the list of processes, press Command-Option-S and send us the sample when you start a Support Ticket.