Drawer Activation

Am trying out DevonThink Pro… how do I activate/access the side drawer on my monitor? It appeared once, but somehow, I can’t get it to work again. Thanks.

Try this menu command: View > Show Sidebar.

Sorry Bill… I was mis-naming it. It’s called the sorter!!!

Reading the manual sometimes answers a lot of questions!!

This app really smokes, although I don’t see much advantage to going with the office version. Using the scanner interface is kind of wonky IMO; going around the corner to cross the street (at least for me using an Epson 10000).

This app if a well-kept secret out there!

Hi

The first thing to check is wether the Sorter is active, to do this open the menu DT PRO->preferences and select the Sorter in the top toolbar. If the button in the bottom right hand corner of the window says “Show” select the button and the Sorter should become visible. If the button says “Quit” and the Sorter is not visible, select the button to stop the Sorter.

At this point it would be worth resetting the Sorters positioning information, to do this in Finder select the menu option Go->Go to Folder and enter the following ~/Library/Preferences .In this folder finder the file com.devon-technologies.think-sorter.plist and drag this to the trash.

Go back to DP preferences and press the “Show” button and the Sorter should be visible.

Alan