Dropbox database is huge

I do some spring (!) cleaning to my databases and even if I deleted a lot of files my DevonthinkDropbox.dtCloud (inside DEVONthink Packet Sync) still remains very big (over 3.7 GB) compared to databases in my hard disk
any idea?

You should never modify sync stores (.dtCloud) on your own, in the worst case this makes them completely useless, in the best case it’s just not possible anymore to download the contents of certain files or to import complete databases.

In addition, the size of the database (see File > Database Properties) for comparison would of course be useful.

1 Like

I didn’t change .dtcloud files; I acted from inside Devonthink app
this is the situation…

You shouldn’t have any local sync data from Dropbox. This has been discussed many times, including in the In & Out > Sync > Dropbox section of the built-in Help and manual.

Thanks for your kind answer… up until I trashed (from the DT app) many files everything seemed to work well. I have an iMac M1, a Macbook Air Intel and an iPhone (DTTG). I thought Sync simplified (Help) was enough

You’re welcome. While the underlying concepts are the same, we put in specific subsections for each method.