Dropbox Syncing & DT3

Hello,

I am thinking of moving my sync location from iCloud to Dropbox, largely because I don’t want to pay for two services, and I need to have the Dropbox Plus plan. I’ve searched the forums and found some posts that, in bits and pieces, seem to answer some of my questions, but some are in German and others are for older versions of DevonThink. (I’m running 3 on a desktop and a laptop, and DTTG on my iPad and my iPhone.) So, I hope you won’t mind if I ask a couple of questions at once:

1. Are there any issues in DT3 I need to be aware of/things I need to be careful of when switching to DropBox for syncing?
  2. If I am using my old DTP2 on a third machine, is there anything I need to be aware of in this scenario? (I will eventually buy the third seat, just not yet.)
  3. Are there any issues in DTTG that I need to be aware of in this scenario?
  4. Do I remember correctly something that I read in a post I can no longer find: I should, using Selective Sync, make sure that the DropBox sync location is not synced to my desktop?

Thanks,

Richard

I would suggest to open all databases and to verify them first (see File > Verify & Repair Database…). If everything’s fine, then please search in all databases for “item:pending” (without quotes). If no results are found, then you’re ready to go. This blog plost contains additional information:

Thanks!

Well, I thought I did everything according to instructions, but now that I am syncing to Dropbox, I keep getting messages that there are pending files that can’t be uploaded, even though I could find no pending items with a search (including in the trash). Is this a problem that will eventually resolve itself or is there something else I should?

Could you please post a screenshot of your search for pending items plus of the error messages? Thank you.

I accidentally cleared the log screen and so I have lost the error messages, but this problem has not reoccurred and everything seems to be syncing just fine. If it happens again, I will repost to this message.

Thanks,

Richard