I do not having enough experience of annotating using DT so do not know if this is normal for DT3 or a bug.
When using Adobe Acrobat Xi Pro, when dragging the mouse to select text to be highlighted, I find it is not unusual for the mouse to resist selecting a word or letters at the end of a sentence. To overcome, I use the keyboard Shift+arrow to complete the selection. Also, where text is in two columns, even though Acrobat XI Pro is for the most part able to stick to one column at a time. it is sometimes necessary to backtrack slightly and use Shift+arrow to avoid the mouse selection jumping across to the second column rather than continue down the first column.
With DT 3.0beta5, using Shift+arrow doesn’t do anything. Either I should be using different keys - if so then which - or what is selected is as fas as I can go in that selection.
The pdf is ocr before import and after import, in case anything slipped through the process. I used DT3 ‘searchable to PDF’ as well.
Also, I attach 3 screenshots. The first shows the highlight in situ. The second the three highlights in the annotation inspector. The third Tools>Summarize Highlights on which only 2 of the 3 highlights are showing. (In case it it is relevant, I am encountering difficulty with para 2 of the original.)