DT 3.5 custom Markown CSS

Hi, with Version 3.5 dark mode Markdown preview works far better than before, but when I specify my own Markdown Style:

body {
    zoom: 1.2;
    line-height: 1.5;
    padding: 2em 4em;
    font-size: 14px;
    line-height: 1.5;
    max-width: 800px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    word-wrap: break-word;
}

I’m getting dark text on dark background, even though I don’t specify any text-color.

1 Like

Are you using a stylesheet in Preferences > Media > Style Sheet?

Jepp, that’s what I’m using.

I just noticed this too. Now I have black text on black background. Before md previewed as black text on a white background, if I remember correctly. I didn’t change the style sheet, so I’m guessing it is the update.

People interested in this topic might be interested in styling their own dark mode/light mode CSS:

Does it persist after quitting and relaunching DEVONthink?

Actually it got better after restarting, but now lists are still dark text:

I’ll try the tips from the thread ryanjamurphy linked above, especially:

PS: Due to the potential style caching issue, I suggest using internal styling in the Markdown until you achieve the desired look. After that you can move it to an external stylesheet if you want, but iterations are much faster with internal CSS.

I do 95% of my styling in the Markdown document itself since I’m often working in different concepts.

This is no option for me at all because I want my Markdown to be “as plain as possible” using only standard Markdown and YAML Frontmatters; I think styling should always be done by the application I’m previewing my files with - but I guess this is to ones own liking.

Asides from this - can you reproduce using my CSS Fragment as an external stylesheet that unordered lists are still in dark text?

All I need is the max-width and propbably the zoom and line-height properties as reading 100% width files on a 34 inch Ultrawide Monitor is not the most ergonomic way to read…