DT 3.6.2 sometimes crashes when changing wifi network while syncing files

Due to problem with syncing I needed to change my network using VPN or switching to another wifi network.

I obseverved that on average 1 per 10 times of changing network DT could crash.
I am on MacOS Big Sur 11.2.1

Please choose Help > Report Bug while pressing the Alt modifier key and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com - thanks!

done!

Thanks! Did the app definitely crash or just freeze? Because the bug report didn’t contain any crash logs. Does DEVONthink 3 have full disk access (see System Preferences > Security & Privacy)?

DT has full disc access.

DT window is closing and it disappear from the dock. It saves the state of the databases, when I open it again I have every database open (so it looks more like it is closing than crashing).

This bug is not that often happening, and It doesn’t destroy any work/data, but when it happened 3rd time I thought it may be worth to report (I switched wifi and vpn many times due to problems with sync and trying to find a cause of that - as it is written in another topic), this is not a way I usually use DT

Indeed. After a crash the databases wouldn’t be reopened. But it’s definitely weird as DEVONthink doesn’t quit on its own (only in case of an update and after the user’s confirmation).

There is new development.
The DT “turned off” during sync while I was all the time on the same network. Today the new sync is often hitting “The operation is rate limited”, could this have an impact?

No, this isn’t related. A screenshot of Preferences > Sync might be useful.