DT crashes on opening database

After a force quit of DT the application now crashes every time I attempt to open my main database. In the Console I see the following messages:

[]28/08/2009 02:54:18 [0x0-0x5b05b].com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2[552] Notice Assertion failed: (FALSE), function -[NRN dealloc], file /Users/criss/Documents/Projekte/Devon/…/DevonKernel/Neuron.m, line 587.[/]

[]28/08/2009 02:54:22 com.apple.launchd[149] Warning ([0x0-0x5b05b].com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2[552]) Exited abnormally: Abort trap[/]
I tried cgrunenberg’s suggestion in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8887 - but, after being asked whether I want to enable Spotlight, the same thing happens, with the exact same messages.

Any suggestions as to what to do?

The Force Quit seems to have damaged the database. The suggestions in the referenced thread should work but you might have to delete the preferences (com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2.plist) first to ensure that the damaged database isn’t loaded too on startup.

Unfortunately that doesn’t help: when I attempt to open the ‘new’ database I’m asked whether I want to enable Spotlight, regardless of my answer I get the beachball for a short while before DT crashes with the same message as above. Is there some way of repairing a database without opening it? (Or should I just use Time Machine to replace the whole thing with a copy from before it all started?)

I replaced my database with an older copy from Time Machine from well before this problem started, and completely reinstalled Devonthink (removing preferences, Application Support folder, etc.). Nevertheless, opening the database still crashes DT, with the exact same message as above.