DT extension disappeared in Safari 15.6 after upgrade to macOS 12.5 Monterey

Since upgrading to 12.5 Monterey, Safari 15.6 my clip to DT disappeared.
When I went back to DT, the option to install for browser but could only see Firefox or Chrome.
Am I missing something obvious?

please ignore!
I see from the earlier post on safari 15, I just need to open safari/extensions then turn it on in extensions - the upgrade must have switched it off.
duhā€¦

Ignoring youā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue::wink:

Glad you found out the solution.

2 Likes

DT Extension Safari 15-6-1

I find the Safari Extension seems to be installed, but when I click on the ā€œenableā€ checkbox in Safari > Preferences > Extensions I get a surprising pop-up saying: ā€œSafari detected an app or service that intererred with clicking. To protect your privacy and security, this extension was not turned on. etc etc etcā€

See the linked image. Is there some magic method to over-ride this security feature in Safari / Monterey ? I only find the Firefox and Chrome options in DT - and the Firefox extesion installed perfectly. In the App Store Extension all I get is a list of apps to install under Devontechnolgies. Iā€™m not where to go next.
Thanks.

Which version of Monterey do you use? Thereā€™s no such warning over here on 12.5.1 using Safari 15.6.1.

Monterey Version 12.5.1 (m1, 2020) MacBook Air 16GB Memory

The ā€œLearn Moreā€ link of the bad popup takes me to If you canā€™t turn on extensions in Safari - Apple Support which is an archived aritcle (no updates) that refers to a Catalina software problem and only real suggestion is to try a safe start.

It appearas you have not seen this problem so Iā€™ll give safe start a try and maybe Iā€™ll get lucky.

In my Firefox Browser Iā€™m running Privacy Badger & Malwarebytes
In my Safari Browser Version 15.6.1 (17613.3.9.1.16) Iā€™m running neither although there is a new icon callled ā€˜Privacy Reportā€™ which is greyed out. I have Javascript enalbled.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Air
Model Identifier: MacBookAir10,1
Chip: Apple M1
Total Number of Cores: 8 (4 performance and 4 efficiency)
Memory: 16 GB
System Firmware Version: 7459.141.1
OS Loader Version: 7459.141.1
Serial Number (system):
Hardware UUID:
Provisioning UDID:
Activation Lock Status: Enabled

Safe Mode solved the problem so it was someting with start up items.

I was surprised but maybe I shouldnā€™t have. Apple has a history of not fixing some problems through multi[ple major releases. This one might be some odd start up item however making it harder for Apple to fix.

See Dropbox - DT Extension Safari 15-6-1 safe mode.jpg - Simplify your life
where I got a new pop up asking me ā€œAre your sure . . . ?ā€ with a Turn On button option,

Thanks.

PS - Safari still does not show up in the DT ā€œInstall Add-Onsā€ window. Only Chrome and Firefox are listed there with checkboxes next to them.

That is correct. DEVONthink 3 has a native Safari extension. Thereā€™s nothing to separately install.