DT fails import with "Failed" error

DEVONthink 1.5.4 on Mac OS X 10.6.2

OK, I’m trying to import a file into DT by simple drag+drop from Finder. It’s an 800Kbyte “raw” file, and I’ve imported several dozen like this before.

But it wont import. The Log window pops up and says “Failed” but with no other information, and I dont know where I could go to get more details on why this is failing.

Again, I’ve done this many times before, and yet now it’s failing all the time. I’ve tried with a variety of other files, they work fine. But this one .raw file is blowing up every time.

Do you use DEVONthink Personal or DEVONthink Pro (Office)?

I’m using DEVONthink Professional 1.5.4

Is it possible to open the file with Preview?

No, it wont open in preview, but i didnt expect it too. It’s a bizarre file format supported by an online game.

However, note that i’ve already successfully imported several of these files in the past. It’s just this one that fails.

Seems that it’s incompatible to QuickTime/Quartz or damaged.

I don’t understand this…

1. I understood that DT could import ANY file, although of course it can only store files that it does not understand (in fact I was assured that this was the case on this forum).

2. As I stated above, Dt has already successfully imported multiple files from the same source with no trouble, and I dont understand why this is suddenly broken.

3. What has this got to do with QuickTime ?

Confused,
Tim

QuickTime handles most image types and .raw is one. But the file is incompatible/damaged and therefore the import fails.

Actually its not a QT file (the .raw name notwithstanding) … isnt there any way, short of renaming, that i can get this file stored? And actually it’s NOT a damaged file, it works fine when i reload it into the original application.

The only way is to rename it right now.