DT Pro Public beta?

Well no wonder it’s taking so long… you guys are only working half time.

Thanks for the response, Eric. My comments certainly weren’t meant to provoke an explanation (which came as a surprise) or “take sides” with this issue, only attempt to summarize a general impression I had after lurking for awhile.

I’ve always appreciated how honestly open you and Christian have communicated on this forum. Sometimes that leaves you and us vulnerable to unintentional misunderstandings, misinterpretations, and even mistakes – in both directions. I’d much rather share this kind of mutually trusting, cooperative communication with DEVONtechnologies than have a more closed and “competitive” developer/customer relationship.

I’d finish this on lighter note but WDNinABQ’s comment already wraps it up perfectly. :laughing: 8)

Hi, Eric. You wrote:

Could you change your FAQ for DEVONthink? (devon-technologies.com/servi … ault&cat=2)

It says:

When do you release DEVONthink Pro?

We will ll release a public beta version of DEVONthink Pro very soon and the final version four to six weeks later.

I have a vague recollection (though I could be wrong) that it’s said that for a couple of months now. Could you change that answer? I know that “very soon” is already pretty nonspecific, but it still gives an impression of being a prediction of a release date. I hate to ask for something to be made even less specific, but I think it would be in customers’ best interests if you were to make clearer in the FAQ that there isn’t a scheduled release date.

Thanks,

–jed

A year ago, on Devon’s own website DT Pro was announced for “Summer 2004”.

We know. In the meantime, we have added about half of all features planned for DT Pro to the Personal Edition, so in fact only 50 percent of DT Pro is overdue :wink:

We wanted to publish a public beta last or this week, but the unexpected early launch of Tiger crossed our plans. The tutorial is already nearly beta-ready, so as soon as we’ve ironed out all Tiger problems, we hope that we can finally ship the public beta of DT Pro.

Best,

Eric.

Yes, and along with it or sometime very soon an up-to-date comparison between DT PE and DT Pro, especially since you’ve implemented so many of the features in the personal edition? That would be most helpful.

Alexandria