DT products and Mac OS 10.5. A few questions

Hi!

I have a few questions about your products and Mac OS 10.5. Have you been able to test DT with a prerelease of Leopard? Generally speaking, is your attitude:
(1) “we already are very busy with our product line, we’ll see when Mac OS 10.5 is pushed out”
or:
(2) “hmm, we’d better have a look at a prerelease to have a first look at Leopard even though it’s far from finished”?

I saw a screenshot on a French website: ZFS is supported (partially). A good piece of news because HFS+ shows its age IMHO.

Lots of screenshots of 9A321, the latest build of Mac OS 10.5, here: thinksecret.com/archives/leopard9a321/

Neither (1) nor (2) is entirely appropriate.

Christian is well aware of the features and potentials of Leopard.

But it doesn’t pay to do serious development until Apple nears release of a new OS X upgrade. Why? Because there are lots of flaky and unfinished elements until the last few weeks. Such as code that will allow a full-screen view of something, but with no exit from the full-screen view. :slight_smile:

Seems like a case for mu 8) Use it. Spread it. Love it.

Of course. This distinction is simplistic. I was just curious to know if the developers of DT had put their hands on a prerelease of Mac OS 10.5, nothing more.

There is no doubt in my mind about this.

Words of wisdom 8)

The latest release is 8P2111 at the time of writing.

That’s Tiger, tho.

Yes, I’ve just realised :stuck_out_tongue:
Just to make things clear: the latest release of Mac OS 10.5 is 9A321.

Just to make things clear: everything related to Leopard is under non-disclosure agreement from Apple and anybody who is testing it had to agree to it. There are penalties if this NDA is broken. Therefore it is better if we do not discuss this at all until it is actually shipping. Thank you very much for your consideration in this matter! :slight_smile:

The way I asked this question was clumsy, sorry about that.

Actually I also opened this thread in the hope that some users would say “oh I’d like to have this and that”. I hope the Finder will be improved because it shows its age too.

Just to give you an example of something that I don’t understand about the Finder. Create a folder on the desktop, name it “0”. Inside this folder, create 2 sub-folders, “1” and “2” (sorry I don’t have much imagination). Now make a double click-Cmd on “2”. Once this is done, click normally on “2” in the window in the background. You end up with the “2” sub-folder open twice. Huh?

I like and use that ability of the Finder to display multiple windows.

I always have two side-by-side Finder windows open on my computers. That makes it easy to find something in one of the windows and move or copy it to a different location in the other window.

This shows that we all have our own way to use the Finder because I would never do that. Oh well, why not? :wink:

[quote="Bill_DeVille"I always have two side-by-side Finder windows open on my computers. That makes it easy to find something in one of the windows and move or copy it to a different location in the other window.[/quote]

Ditto. Save for it’s not ‘always.’ But I too use this feature of the Finder often.