DT Server unable to view some Groups

As a recent upgrader to Server, I’m very impressed with what it can do, especially as an alternative/supplement to decentralised syncing. Among other liberating things, it’s enabled me to work with very large databases on iOS that are far beyond the capacity of DTTG and my iPad’s storage; to work remotely with lesser-used databases on demand; and to access my databases on Android, which gives a thrilling frisson of the forbidden. But I’m also becoming aware that Server users are a fairly niche-use community and that there isn’t a huge amount of documentation or shared tips out there, particularly on things like the features available in different browsers and platforms, which has been interesting to explore.

That said, I’ve hit one problem that seems browser-independent: some Groups in my largest indexed database (34GB) don’t display their contents in Server, whatever browser and platform I try, though I can still find and view documents in those Groups by searching. It doesn’t seem to be anything to do with the size, number, or type of files indexed; one of the offending Groups consists of nothing but DEVONagent digests saved as rtf. The database in question was optimised not that long ago, though not within the last month. I’m aware this isn’t much to go on, but does anyone happen to recognise this behaviour, or have ideas about what might lie behind it?

Hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.

1 Like