DT3.0.1 Log window frequently opens up even though I didn't ask to open it

Repeat-by:
(1) I don’t know what triggers this. I never select the menu/Window option to show the Log window. Instead, the log window just shows up all the time whenever it feels like it. Log window, if I want to see you, I will request your presence. Closing it makes it go away for a while, then it comes back.

Thanks,
Alan

You can disable automatically showing the Log window by unchecking the checkbox in it.
However, it will always open for some warnings and this cannot be overriden. If it opens for these warnings, you should not ignore them.

A screenshot of the warnings would be useful, thanks.

Dear @Bluefrog – I take your point, understand and am grateful to be warned for the situations you allude to.

Dear @cgrunenberg – a fair request. Next time it happens, I’ll pass along a screenshot.

Thank you both!

Alan

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

Got you the requested screenshot. Ironically, when pursuing another issue I had reported (that is now clearly an issue belonging to me, not to DT).

During the interval that I’ve been following up on these bug reports, I’ve been doing nothing in DT other than the create-folders / examine right-click / Move To behaviors.

Now, I notice that the log window is open again. Here’s the screenshot.

I see that I have the little “automatically open” box checked, so I will uncheck it. But the items being displayed in the window hardly look concerning to me.

Thank you,
Alan

I see that I have the little “automatically open” box checked, so I will uncheck it. But the items being displayed in the window hardly look concerning to me.

That’s because you are indeed showing the log automatically. Unchecking it will only show critical warnings.

PS: Interesting group hierarchy. I used to see and use similar in corporate situations.

When I used to be the one catching bug reports, we referred to a report along the lines of, “window is always open / damned window! / ummm… might you want to uncheck the open-this-window box?” as… UBD (User Brain Damage).

Group hierarchy – in the first place, maybe I should think twice about what I’m revealing when I just send along a screenshot! In the second place, I should probably take a moment “one day” to prowl around the DT website to get ideas about how other people organize their hierarchies.

Thanks.

:stuck_out_tongue:

And yes, you may want to consider if you’re showing your cards a little when posting screencaps. However, when it comes to using our support system:

Nice. I like the confidentiality promise. It’s the right thing.