DT3 a few random bugs

I’m not seeking a solution, just reporting a few buggy issued I have.

Under DT2 I would keep the program open for weeks at a time, without rebooting my laptop or closing DT2. Under DT3 I find I need to shutdown & restart the program almost once a day to fix a few freezes etc I’ll document below. Restarting the program always fixes the issue. (running catalina).

Just now, I selected Go and clicked on a workspace I regularly use, - nothing happened, it just closed tabs I currently had open.

Frequently I click on another open tab, but the bottom screen content remains on what I previously had displayed. Often clicking on a 3rd tab, then back to the 2nd tab I wanted fixes this, other times I need to restart the app.

On a few occasions I’ve had the program semi freeze, not allowing me to click on a insertion point to add some text etc. On these occasions I can still select menus etc, but need to restart DT3.

I assume these will get ironed out with updates, and I will say I’m a big user of work spaces all of which usually have around 6 tabs. I also can’t replicate these issues because they occur randomly.

Under DT2 I would keep the program open for weeks at a time, without rebooting my laptop or closing DT2.

This is generally not a wise idea. We advocate rebooting at least once a week.

Under DT3 I find I need to shutdown & restart the program almost once a day to fix a few freezes etc I’ll document below.

If you are having actual freezes, you should be reporting them to us in our support ticket system.

When the application is stalled, do a Spotlight search for Activity Monitor . Select our application in the list of processes - it should show “(Not Responding)” and the name in red - and press Command-Option-S to run a sample on it. When the sample window opens, press the Save button and save it to your Desktop. Please attach this text file to your Support Ticket so we can inspect it.

Thanks I’ll do that, however I don’t get total freezes, just as I described above, some parts of the program not working as they should.

Please choose Help > Report Bug while pressing the Alt modifier key and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com - thanks!