DT3 and Catalina iCloud Getting Hung Up

My iCloud syncs are getting hung up on DT3. DTTG is functioning perfectly on multiple devices. I have tried everything I can think of. When I verify database in the Sync menu, I get a message - “Broken or not yet complete data structure of database”

If I restart my Mac, the sync works once. But subsequent syncs then get hung up.

Any suggestions?

2 Likes

And a verification of the sync store is successful right after rebooting? Is there enough disk space available on your startup volume?

Yes to both questions. I also reinstalled DT3 and the effect was the same as a reboot. One proper sync.

Which version of macOS do you use? 10.15.0 or a beta of 10.15.1?

10.15.0. Not the beta.

Does cleaning the sync store (see contextual menu in Preferences > Sync) and uploading the database(s) again fix this?

No impact.

Did you use the public betas of Catalina? In addition, did you update Mojave or use a clean installation of Catalina? The second option sometimes fixes weird issues which are not limited to DEVONthink.

I never used any betas. I will try a clean installation, as I updated from Mojave.

Thanks.

I think the cause of the problem may have been Time Machine. If I have Apple’s Time Machine running in the background, it appears to disable DT3 from syncing with iCloud properly.

If that’s actually true, that shows Catalina is an even bigger mess.

1 Like

Been there, twice. The first time I fixed it with terminal instructions, the second I just installed icloud control in my mac and the services started working again. The funny thing here is that my problems has always and only been with DT3.

I have had this problem too. I was able to improve things by switching the sync from ICloud to Dropbox, but there are still problems: automatic sync doesn’t work—it hangs endlessly—but manual sync works. It’s very frustrating

I had a similar problem on the Mac I ran the public beta on, didn’t see the issue on my main machine which updated when 10.15.0 was released. The DT3 seems to be playing nicely with the current public beta release of 10.15.1.