DT3 and email: best integrated email client?

I used Dropbox and it was surprisingly efficient given the amount of data. Refreshing the sync is not particularly fast (as Evernote was) but at least I can retrieve any data from my phone at any time.

Evernote is dealing with its own servers and a different sync technologically.
Glad it’s working for you.

Mailmate it’s the right choice for nerds!

Then it’s good there’s still Apple Mail for the non-nerd people :stuck_out_tongue::wink:

absolutely, i use it too, mainly to backup email to DT.
Unfortunately with Catalina and Mailtags IS VERY UNSTABLE crash once a day, moreover can’t use it with new MacBook 16", because of battery drain, and “stove effect”

Being about 1.5 years since the last comment, wondering if anyone is doing anything different these days for email client and DT?

My main concern is being able to get an email from the email client into DT (and OmniFocus) with an x-callback-url to the email message so I can get back to it, and the thread, at a later time even if I archive it.

I understand that many email clients are able to do this, BUT I want to be able to do this on both my computer as well as phone and iPad. MailMate looks awesome to me, but no mobile client is a big downer to me (for the above use case).

I can try AirMail again, but I had soooo many formatting issues and not being able to see forwarded content far too many times… so I gave up on AM. I must have gone back to them 3-4 times over the years and their updates and always hit issues. For instance, someone forwards me an email thread saying, “FYI…” I hate when people do this, but often I had NO WAY in AirMail to see the rest of the email thread. If I opened it in Outlook, or Mail.app I could see it all fine. If I have to keep these other email clients around just in case for these times, it feels silly.

Anyone using Spark email? Love this client, but don’t see anything specific to DT with it around support. I can start to dabble with it myself, but wondering if anyone else has had success or failure with it?

(edited to add):
Found this thread that is recent (2022) and discussing email clients and even some DT and OmniFocus.

I guess I need to at least entertain trying AirMail again to see if it still has the same issues that used to plague me.

Airmail has very little to offer in inter-application communication capabilities.

Not entirely sure what you mean. Can you provide a few examples, including which apps do provide these capabilities?

Still trying to understand all of the capabilities of DT itself! :joy:

Apple Mail is the best of breed for passing information between apps.

1 Like