DT3 B2 blank edit/preview window editing MD files using aliases and back button in split view

If you edit or view markdown files in split view in the DT3 main window (not the editor window) using WikiLinks, aliases, document-links and the back button the view will get blank.

Steps to reproduce the error:

1. Display a md file in split view in main window that contains a link to another md file.
  2. Click the link to the second file - it get’s displayed.
  3. Click the Back Button [<] - the former file is loaded
  4. View switches from split view to edit view and the edit area is blank.
  5. Click the preview button - document is displayed
  6. It’s possible to switch to split view again

Here are some screenshots

First we are in file Markdown1

After clicking the link in the document we are in file Markdown2

Using the Back Button < we are back in document Markdown1 with a blank editor view.

Does it consistently show a blank editor, even after quitting and relaunching DEVONthink?

After restarting it works as long as I am not previewing one of the following files in this area of the main window:

• audio or video file (mov / aiff)
  • docx / xlsx

After creating, editing and previewing the following files it works like expected:

• txt / rtf / html
  • pdf
  • jpg

[Edit: audio format diff to aiff]

Thanks for the info! :slight_smile:

I hope it helps :slight_smile:

Every little bit that helps us find and eradicate bugs is appreciated. :slight_smile:

The next beta will fix this.

Thank’s, works perfect now :blush:

I am using DT3 B-5.
When I edit a markdown note in split view the preview side of the split does not refresh in real time. After I add or edit markdown text I need to open the Preview View or go to the source view and then back to split view in order to see my changes.

Is this a problem that I am causing or something that needs to be fixed??

The preview is currently only updated after saving, e.g. press Cmd-S to update it.