DT3 b2 - Import into Select Group

Since the update to b2 all imports end up in the Global Inbox rather than into a “select group” as determined in the preference pane. The selection is also offered before proceeding with OCR, but to no avail…
Am I doing something wrong?

GR

Imports from where? The Preferences state…

Exactly, imports from scan. The preference section you indicate don’t work!

Do you scan inside DEVONthink or in another app? You can now choose the destination in scanning interface of DEVONthink 3.

I scan in “ScanSnap Home”, which then transfer to DT. I am offered a group selection in the interface, but all scan end up in the inbox nevertheless.

Is DEVONthink doing to OCR or SnanSnap?

OCR is in DT

There have been some reports of the OCR process sending files to the Global Inbox instead of the specified location. Development will have to investigate this.

Thanks, I’ll be patient :+1::smile:

Thanks! It’s appreciated. :slight_smile:

Just to add an observation: if I turn of OCR in DT3 b2 and use the ScanSnap OCR engine, the document is imported into the selected folder.
So the issue lies definitely with your OCR feature…

Thanks for the follow-up :slight_smile:

I’m having this same issue. Did you every find a solution? If I turn off OCR - it goes to the correct box. But if it’s set to searchable, it goes to the global inbox.

Are you using the metadata panel post-OCR?

The only way I have been able to create a searchable PDF and have it go to the correct folder that I select, is to have Preferences > OCR > Convert Incoming Scans: No Action
combined with having the ScanSnap profile set to convert to searchable PDF.

If it is set to convert using DT preferences, it always goes to the inbox. This workaround is fine for me…but might be something to look at as the result if it is enabled in DT isn’t the desired result.

Again: Are you using the metadata panel post-OCR? See Preferences > OCR > Searchable PDF: Enter metadata after text recognition.

Yes - this is enabled. Should it be turned off?

There is an issue when using the Metadata panel and should be fixed in the next maintenance release.
In the interim you can disable Preferences > OCR > Searchable PDF: Enter metadata after text recognition or just process items from the Global Inbox after scanning.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Perfect. Thanks :wink:

No problem :slight_smile: