DT3 - Duplicate indexed files only in DB

Can that indexed folder be synchronized into DTTG with the usual shortcomings?

What shortcomings ?

Christian mentioned it two messages above. I assumed modified indexed files in DTTG must be updated back to original location only when one Mac will synchronize the DB.

Exactly. And thatā€™s what some cloud apps (especially Dropbox) donā€™t like and start to duplicate the files.

Sorry to be so insistent on this.

Yesterday happened the same issue on local filesystem only. In global inbox. Not exactly the same, but similar. Items duplicated, items that show cannot find file in DT3b6 log. Items with UUID yet in system. Only one DT3 instance running. No DDTG running, no my second MacBook Pro running.

Previous Beta6 happened to me so and then, but on Beta 6 happens in a daily basis.

More: now my entire web internet scrapbook is indexed into Dropbox as PDF (and HTML files). Iā€™ve had no one issue with this DB. Moved items (from global inbox), moved or replicated items between Scrapbook database. No one issue.

The only difference is in Scrapbook I annotate and comment the captured PDF in global inbox, move into the scrapbook db and normally forget it or use only in searches. So and then I use to move/replicate an item, but I donā€™t modify the files. In other databases Iā€™m continuously adding, removing and editing files. Even the problem arises when DT wakes up and do its things with externally modified files (in this case, DropBox, not the global inbox, that I only touch inside DT).

Then the problem could be in modified (in app or externally) files.

I cannot help you more. I sent via email (with company email I work for by error -I donā€™t use DT in company) some logs some days ago, but at this moment DT is completely unusable to me due those issues. Not a serious problem now, as Iā€™m testing in depth the new Note 10+ and Galaxy Tab S6 but could be later.

EDIT: perhaps, and only perhaps, the cause could be the shinny (change n by t) APFS with Fusion Drives. I changed my mechanical disk for a SSD one and all the color flower of the death disappears), and perhaps, it seems you are attaching the file monitor at low leve in the OS (I assume there could be a equivalent Windows FileSystemWatcher in macOS) and macOS had some issues with that (nothing new under the soon, my Windows 10 are waaaaaay more stable than my macOS).

Edit to add that with non-indexed files all works perfect. So and then some UIID already in database but with very very very low frequency.