DT3 - (Excellent!) - ? delete icon working

I have customised the toolbar. Is the Delete icon working? Mine isn’t. To delete an entry i am having to use the keyboard.

Delete icon has righted itself. But not until I quit DT3 and reopened.

If this shouldn’t happen again then a screenshot might help.

I’m customizing the toolbar too, where is the file ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Scripts/Toolbar ?

That is not the correct location. The correct location is ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.devon-technologies.think3/Toolbar/.

This is covered covered in the built-in Help in the Documentation > Automation chapter.

That’s where the script folder toolbar in DevonThink 2 is for me. All I did is change “DevonThink 3” from that path and I didn’t find it.

But I found it now.
Thanks again Neumann.

That’s where the script folder toolbar in DevonThink 2 is for me.

Correct, but you’re working with version 3 now. Different app, different resources.

OK, is it possible to change the icon? If so what type, I tried pasting a png file from the info.
Nothing there about this on the Help section.

Change the icon of what?

Script toolbar icon

Does it work after restarting the app?

No, it doesn’t work after restating the app, but am I doing it right? what file types are supporter for icons?

After pasting the png file this is what I see. This was like this with DevonThink 2 too.

what file types are supporter for icons?

This is really a macOS question. It’s not a function of DEVONthink.

Copying the content of a TIFF, JPEG, or PNG to the clipboard works.
Open a file in Preview, Command-A to select all, then Command-C to copy it to the clipboard.

Didn’t know you had to do it through Preview.

Thanks Neumann.

Didn’t know you had to do it through Preview.

You don’t have to. That’s just a quickly available application you can use.

1 Like