DT3 - issues with scanner epson DS-360W

Hi, I’m experiencing issues in scanning document from inside DT3. I have an Epson DS-360W document scanner which is installed and perfectly functioning when using the “open scanner” function from mac OS settings. I have access to that scanner from inside DT3, but when I try to start scanning it says that “no document is loaded”, or alternatively that “action is required on the scanner…” but there is no way to proceed.
Is there a specific procedure to make DT3 properly connected to the scanner?
Thank you

Which version of macOS do you use?

Catalina

Welcome @Lucio

Catalina has caused many issues with many applications. Issues in DEVONthink’s connection to some scanners is under investigation at the moment.​

In the interim, you should be able to scan with the external scanning software then import the files afterwards.​ If you haven’t done OCR externally, you can use ​File > Import > Images (with OCR) ​.​
Thanks for your patience and understanding.

I have a similar experience with Epson WF-4630, DT3 and macOS Catalina. DT3 show the scanner in the list of devices, but when I try to scan a document it says “action is required on the scanner…” AND (misteriously) the log window reports “Plugin for Apple Mail is not installed or not enabled” (it is, anyway). After that, nothing happens.

Welcome @Mitrane
See my note above.

Regarding the Apple Mail plugin, Apple’s operating system updates often disabled Mail plugins (from various developers).

Do this to ensure the plugin in installed and enabled properly…

1. Quit Mail.
  2. Quit DEVONthink 3.
  3. Enable Full disk access in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy for DEVONthink 3
  4. In the Finder, hold the Option key and choose Go > Library .
  5. Go into the Mail/Bundles folder and delete the DEVONthink.mailbundle .
  6. Relaunch DEVONthink 3 and install the Mail plugin from DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-Ons .
  7. Relaunch Mail and enable the plugin via Apple Mail’s Preferences > General > Manage Plug-ins .

Hi, the issue with the DS-360W is here again. It was solved but after updating Catalino and/or DT it is happening again. It says that " an action is needed on the scanner" but there is no way to use the scanner. If I go through the system preferences, the scanner is active and perfectly working.
Thank you

The scanner module has not changed in the v3.5 update, as this message is usually from macOS or the scanner driver it could be a rights issue. In System Preferences->Security & Privacy under the Privacy tab, check to see if DEVONthink 3 has full disk access.