DT3: Markdown display shortcuts

Thank you. I wasn’t aware of this software and will have a look.

Apple has not changed the keyboard binding system in setups for ages and I doubt they will change it as long as MacOSX is supported. Most of us it in various other apps.

This is rather a bug that the DT3 developer most likely will fix – I don’t see a need to add something like this into the DT3 product as the system OS provides the functionality already – better let them focus on features that are not easily available. Logic et rest would have used the system services key bindings system as well if this was available long time ago, so we are talking about legacy services.

Has this been fixed by now?
Because in the German version there is still the same bug, it’s called “Vorschau”.

Also it looks like toggling with one shortcut is not possible anymore? At least I can’t toggle source code and split view.

This isn’t possible anymore as there are now three different display modes for documents.

Hello,
I finally upgraded to DT 3 (seems like a big mistake in retrospective) and I’m shocked that the problem with the two “Preview” menu entries (“Vorschau” in the German translation) still exist since this bug is known for two years by now. Is there a chance this will be fixed any time soon? Or do I missing something to prevent this?
Thank you for your help.

There’s no need to fix this, you can specify exact menu paths in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Application Shortcuts. E.g. View->Document Display->Preview.

2 Likes

That are wonderful news. I actually did not know this. Thank you!