DT3: Merging windows when having opened multiple databases

In DT 2, it is possible to display 2 or more databases (or windows from the same database) in a tabbed view. This was possible by File>New Window> Choose database. This is due to MacOS’s tabbed windows.

I could not replicate this tabbed view anymore in DT3. Furthermore, I do not have a bar that shows the title of a database open. On top of any window I have now only an icon bar.

New is that DT3 provides a tabbed environment in any window, but not a tabbed window (merging windows functionality) anymore.

My question is whether I am doing something wrong or not. But this functionality will influence my current workflow in a major way.

All comments and suggestions are welcome!
Ferdi

Welcome @FH1

DEVONthink has never natively supported window tabs. That is a function of the operating system and is enabled in System Preferences > Dock > Prefer tabs when opening document: Always.

However @cgrunenberg will have to respond to whether this is supported behavior in DT3.

Furthermore, I do not have a bar that shows the title of a database open. On top of any window I have now only an icon bar.

This is all you’ll see when using the Icon only view of the toolbar. However, the Path Bar shows the database you’re in…

Thank you for your quick reply! Yes, you are quite right about the (dis)appearance of the title bar. This behavior changed in DT3. On another note, up till now in DT2, windows tabs work (in Mojave) and I am using this functionality every day - having multiple databases open - with the enabled setting as indicated by you. The beta version of DT3 does not offer that anymore (while getting acquainted with DT3) …
I hope that this functionality will still be there once DT3 comes out of beta. DT is the most favorite and important app on my Mac!!