DT3 on Catalina: Closing Edit Window of Formatted Note Stalls

First a big Hello to everybody,
since yesterday I’m evaluating DT3, V 3.0.1, on macOS Catalina (10.15.1), imported some of my Evernote notes in two databases and stumbled upon this issue, which makes DT3 not usable for me:

Closing the edit window of the sequentially 2nd, 3rd, 4th opened Formatted Note (either by red button clik or cmd-W keypress) clears the content, but the window remains open and is entirely dysfunctional (it is movable but this is handled by the OS).

Afterwards most of the functionalilty of the main window is not usable as well (menus are shown but selected actions not taken). Sometimes other notes are selecteable and will be displayed in the preview window, sometimes not. Sometimes a double click on another entry opens a new but empty edit window. The only operation left to do is closing the entire application.

At restart it alerts about everay database being probably in use, which I confirmed by clicking “continue”, and then i have to open a new main window.

As said, this does not happen with the first note opened, sometimes with the 2nd, somteimes the 3rd, but definitely it happens again and again.

The state after closing an edit and then not reactive window I have dumped from activty monitor but are not allowed to attach to this topic.

I’d really love to buy your product, but for a productive software the stability is to be improved, before I entrust it all my notes, which I need almost every day.

[Edit:]PS: Ticket with activity monitor dump created.

This sounds like an exception, not a freeze. Are you able to close the window and does a new one work as expected? In addition, please choose Help > Report Bug while pressing the Alt modifier key and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com - thanks!

Meanwhile I installed DT3.0.4 from scratch and the above mentioned symptom has gone.

Thanks a lot!