DT3 PDF Annotation Freezing Computer

I am experiencing an odd issue with DT3 Pro, V 3.0.4, OSX 10.15.2, where when I highlight or otherwise annotate pdfs (size of pdf doesn’t seem to be an issue) DT3 freezes for several seconds. The issue is worse when I delete an annotation. Opening activity monitor while performing one of these operations shows that DT3 jumps from using 10% CPU to 50-70%, and com-devon-technologies-think-helper jacks up to over 100%. I don’t think this was happening prior to the latest update, but I’m not entirely sure, as I was on vacay and not using DT3 much for the past month or so. I’m not experiencing this issue in other PDF readers, e.g., skim, preview. A few other things that might be relevant. I’m using a completely maxed out 2019 Macbook Pro 15"; so, I don’t think it’s the machine. The issue happens with both indexed and imported items. And lastly I run DT3 Pro and DTTG, and use icloud to sync my databases.

Not that it’s necessarily related to this issue, but the current version of macOS Catalina is 10.15.3. You should update your operating system first.

If it still persists, when DEVONthink is stalled, select it in Activity Monitor and press Command-Option-S to run a sample on it. When the sample window opens, press the Save button and save it to your Desktop. Please attach this text file to your Support Ticket so we can inspect it. Thanks!

Thanks for your reply. It appears that the update to 10.15.3 has resolved the issue; so, it’s likely it was a problem on the OS side.

Glad to hear it. Cheers!