DT3 Pro Scanners Not working

Please clarify… what is Apple Tool “Digital Pictures”…

Is that an Epson tool… I cannot find an Apple Tool…

thanks…
amcd

I’m guessing it might be a reference to the Image Capture app.

Stephen

You can find Apple’s Digital Pictures in the Utilities (seems to be renamed to “Other” on Catalina) section on the launch pad—or simply in the program folder.

The Image Capture app is a different app to take screen shots and videos.

1 Like

…but can also be used to scan. :wink:

Stephen

Sorry, I was lost in translation—I use the German user interface on my Mac.

Screenshot app (English) = Bildschirmfoto (German)
Image Capture app (English) = Digitale Bilder (German)

As the above mentioned “Digital Pictures” is the verbatim translation of “Digitale Bilder” I falsely infered that “Image Capture” on the other hand must be the original English title of “Bildschirmfoto”. Which actually is the Screenshot app.

But what I do stand to is that you can find both in the program folder. And not in the pizza folder.

I would love to hear an update from DevonThink regarding this scanner issue. For me this is an essential feature of DevonThink which is not working since more than one month now.
Thanks

As I said previously, this is under investigation. Announcements will be made on our blog and Twitter account, as information becomes available.

OK you men “Image Capture App”… Yes that can be used but I have other apps that can scan as well…

The point is scanning/OCR inside DT3 Pro… This is still not working…

I notice that other companies scan/OCR apps, such as ReadIris Epson and HP have now fixed their Catalina problems.

A bit frosty the answer, as this is a key feature of DT, and we’re waiting now quite a while with quite some more effort to get documents in DT.

Hej to all,
Maybe you could find some more information here to optimize your work.

https://steffiscloud.de/article/154-eine-app-wird-deinen-workflow-revolutionieren-garantiert/

EDIT: Is fast as well, was Printerproblem

Seems that is now working, since I’ve updated to 3.0.2 my HP Officejet Pro 576 is scanning in the respective folders. However it is veeeery slow, needs some minutes scanning 4 pages…
Didn’t found news in Blog or Twitters or I missed it?

Hi BlueFrog,

is this issue still under investigation?
My Scanner does not show in the import section of the latest DT3 version.

Thanks,
Niels

What kind of scanner are you referring to?

Epson WorkForce WF-3720 which is connected to my MacBook. Printing on the same printer from Devonthink works absolutely fine

Does the scanner work in the Image Capture.app?

It does.
After restarting both the Macbook and the scanner and after installing the scanner once again it works flawlessly.
Thanks

Good to hear that is now working agin.

1 Like