DT3 Sync via DropBox not working

I have upgraded by DT2 Office Pro to DT3 beta on my MacBook Pro and opened all my previous databases successfully.
I have added several documents in DEVONthink To Go on my iPad but these are not appearing in DT3 on my MacBook
In the Sync tab of preferences I have selected the DT/Dropbox sync and ticked all the databases in the right hand pane.
The sync occurs but the log shows “invalid encryption key” for all my databases.
What do I have to do to get this syncing c correctly as it use to in DT2?

Thanks
John

You need to enter the correct encryption key or leave it blank if you didn’t specify one when you initially set it up.

I do not have encryption set up and it is blank. It appeared to be syncing ok until today when it has suddenly started showing this error? All my iOS databases are syncing ok.

John

You said you just upgraded to DEVONthink 3.

• Did you set up the sync location afresh?
  • Did you enter an encryption key in DEVONthink To Go?

After installing DT3, I selected the DropBox sync item in sync preferences. That is all and it has been syncing for about a week without problems until today.

I haven’t changed anything on my iPad or iPhone. They are still syncing with each other without problems.

John

Where are you seeing the error - DEVONthink or DEVONthink To Go?

My apologies. Problem solved. My colleague had turned encryption on and forgot to tell me!!

All working again. Thanks for your help.

John

No worries! As with most issues with sync, there is usually a simple and logical solution to them. Cheers!