DT3 window(s) always in all spaces

Hi,

DT3 is currently appearing in all spaces when transferring from one desktop to another. I am also unable to transfer DT3 windows to another desktop (prohibited icon appears). I disabled Activity Window, and have looked for similar experiences in the forums. Using Catalina. Everything up to date. Tried restarting, etc.

Please advise?

Thanks.

DT3 is currently appearing in all spaces when transferring from one desktop to another.
I am also unable to transfer DT3 windows to another desktop (prohibited icon appears).

This is controlled by macOS, not DEVONthink.

• If the application (not just DEVONthink) is set to All Spaces, you’ll get the prohibited icon.

• If you set an application to None, you can move the windows to different spaces.

• Oddly, if you set an application to This Desktop, you can still move windows to another space. (Not sure Apple’s logic there.)

From what I’ve experienced, this will open the app in that Desktop Space. IOW, if you have it set to Desktop #9 and move it to #3, once you quit and reopen it, it will open into Desktop #9.

That’s quite possible.
I have DEVONthink (and other apps) set to specific spaces and never move windows to other spaces.

Many thanks for swift response. Feel a bit sheepish. :sheep:

No worries :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t feel baaaaad about it, Spaces can be finicky. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Does anyone know if there is there a way to know which desktop one is on without invoking (Catalina) Mission Control? I’m trying to standardise workflows.