DT3b2 beachballing

Hi,

A recent launch of DT3b2 had the app beachball for around 30 seconds before becoming responsive again. This is the first this has ever happened to me with any version of DT, and I usually launch it dozens of times a day.

I quickly launched Console and waited until something happened (while filtering the list with the string “devon”). The next message appeared when DT became responsive, around 20 seconds after I launched Console.

The forum won’t allow text file uploads so I’m sending it to cgrunenberg instead.

Thanks.

EDIT: To clarify, the beachball appeared immediately after the splash screen disappeared and the main window became visible.

In case that this should happen again then a sample would be useful - thanks!

OK, will do if it happens. Please see edit above. Thanks.

Was the Search inspector visible and a PDF document selected?

Yes x2.

Any chance that I could get a copy of the document plus the search string? Thanks!

I’m sorry, I replied too quickly after the email alert, I thought this was related to the other issue I posted about the PDF search speed. No then, I don’t know if the Search Inspector was visible or whether a PDF was selected. It’s possible but I have no way of finding out now… Sorry.

Just happened again. Bug seems to have been introduced with beta 2. Beachballing for around 30 seconds on launch before becoming responsive again. DevonThink 3 process is around 0 in Activity Monitor, “com.devon-technologies.think-helper” is at 99%. I sampled both processed while the beachball was still rolling, sending them to cgrunenberg by mail.

I’ve just (2 weeks ago) upgraded from DT2 Pro Office to DT3 (v3.0.4) and am encountering the beachball from hell almost all the time which is very aggravating. This happens when I’m dragging and dropping items scanned in from my ScanSnap S1300i scanner from the Inbox to individual folders - if I do it too quickly up comes the ball. If I go on to the next D&D immediately after the previous one and put the cursor on the item there is a significant delay before the underlying document is revealed, during which the ball appears. I don’t think that I ever saw the dreaded ball in the 5 years that I was using DT2 and now I see it all the time which makes using DT3 sooo sloww! Any suggestions? I’m only using it as a database to save documents scanned in so nothing complicated. As the last post was almost a year ago it presumably isn’t a common problem

When the application is stalled, do a Spotlight search for Activity Monitor . Select our application in the list of processes - it should show “(Not Responding)” and the name in red - and press Command-Option-S to run a sample on it. When the sample window opens, press the Save button and save it to your Desktop.

Then hold the Option key and choose Help > Report Bug to start a support ticket. Attach the process sample when you open it. Thanks.

I’ve just done that. I transferred a load of emails from Mail to DT3, clicked Classify and when the process had been completed up came the beachball. I’ve been allocated a number and await developments!