DT3b5 : WikiLinks

Hello,

Not sure if this is new in DT3, but automatic WikiLinks for names and aliases doesn’t trigger when the text is enclosed in parentheses, which is annoying.

Also — unrelated — since at least DT3b3 : right-click, New > Plain Text, click in the view pane and start typing, the cursor disappears when reaching the right border (no word wrap).

Thanks.

You have to escape the parenthesis for the WikiLinks to work.
E.g. (WikiLink) should be written \(WikiLink).

Also — unrelated — since at least DT3b3 : right-click, New > Plain Text, click in the view pane and start typing, the cursor disappears when reaching the right border (no word wrap).

• Are the Inspectors shown when typing or not?
  • Is this consistently reproducible?

Thank you, I didn’t realize that. What is the reasoning behind this? It only happens in Markdown documents (plain text documents don’t need to escape the parentheses). Is there any syntax using parentheses only in MD (without the accompanying brackets [used for links])?

Yes to both, and sorry for posting two subjects in one topic :slight_smile:

I can’t say for sure, but it does indeed have to do with markdown syntax. :wink:

@cgrunenberg will have to address this but, yes, I can see some of the behavior when an Inspector is open.

After modifying the window window, the document reflows to show the margin…

Does this happen right after launching the app? Or are additional steps necessary?

Yes, right after launch. I just tested this.

No issues over here. A screenshot of the complete window would be great. Which macOS version do you use?

I’m seeing this - and not right after launching it…

Then adjusting the window’s width…

Interesting… it does it without the Inspector too…

Just typed this into a newly created file after launch. Cursor disappears in the right margin.

No luck. It’s always wrapped. Did you zoom in/out and does View > Original Size fix this?

1 Like

Yes it does. EDIT: If you zoom after typing everything is fine. If the zoom has been set beforehand then wrapping is wrong.

I am not using an zoom setting. The new document is created at Actual Size and exhibits the problem.

Everything’s wrapped over here all the time and it’s definitely weird as the wrapping is handled by macOS. Does this happen on a new user account too?

Yes. This is from my dark mode account…

And only Markdown is affected or also plain/rich text? Which setting do you use in Preferences > Media for Markdown?

These are just plain text files - and I don’t have the hidden pref to use plain text as Markdown enabled. But it does affect Markdown files in edit mode too.

It is affecting rich text as well…

On my end, while being zoomed in, it affects Plain Text and Markdown, but not Rich Text which wraps as expected (all files tested are newly-created and in the same window configuration as my screenshot above).