DT3b7 + Catalina: no sync of any database

I know Catalina support is just being really focused on now, but FWIW starting with b7 on Catalina 19A546d (beta 7), no databases will sync from iCloud. DT3 doesn’t even see the databases in the iCloud sync store.

DT3b7 on a 10.14 machine sees them fine. DT3b6 on Catalina B7 also saw them fine.

I did download the new version that was mentioned in the thread about not being able to create new databases, but that did not fix this problem.

Figured someone should know, unless its peculiar to me!

Thanks for the report! Development will have to assess and weigh in on this.

It not just you, me too. I have a Mojave machine which syncs with beta 7 just fine. However Catalina with beta 7 is a no go for syncing.

Apple hasn’t even settled on where iCloud resources are going in Catalina.

Again, unless you are explicitly beta testing and reporting to Apple, you should not run a beta operating system on a device you need operating as expected.

Does it work after restarting the Mac? That fixed the issue over here.

I’m fairly confident I rebooted as a diagnostic measure, but possibly not after installing the corrected version of B7. Unfortunately I left my dev machine at home today, but I’ll check it tonight for sure.

So the first restart did not make any difference for me, but I restarted again for another reason and then it started working.

Yay! Seems like Apple might have reverted some iCloud changes…so maybe that had something to do with it.

Actually Apple did a complete rollback, it’s now the old iCloud Drive engine again (same background daemons like in the past, same folder).

I haven’t yet been able to get DT3 to sync with DTTG on my devices via wifi.

And have you enabled Bonjour in DEVONthink on the Mac and made sure the connection was active in DEVONthink To Go?

Yes, Bonjour is enabled with “Incoming Connections Available.”

Hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.