DTP & DEVONnote Coexist - Open Together?

Is there any problem to running DEVONthink Pro and DEVONnote simultaneously? Any technical issues where it is not recommended or is it perfectly okay to run both?

I have several DTP databases I must use daily, but currently they can not be run simultaneously. It is cumbersome and disruptive to close the database I’m working in to add just a quick note or other item to a closed database, and then back again to the one originally working in.

As a work around for now, I would like to use DEVONnote as an always open notepad, to quickly add notes/items throughout the day, and then if needed, migrate items to the appropriate DTP database when I have it open.

I don’t know the underlying issues/problems with multiple DTP databases open at the same time. Is it a concern for a DTP database and DEVONnote to be open together?

—paradigm26

No, they can be used at the same time.

As a matter of fact, I keep DT Pro and DEVONnote open all the time. I use DEVONnote to take notes when working in other applications, as DN’s floating window makes that very convenient. When not in use, I minimize the DN window to the Dock.