DTP3 Server Bugs (?)

I’ve just started testing the server for DTP3, and I must say, it’s really nice. The UI is pleasing, the AI integration works great, the syncing is really fast when making changes in DTP3 on Mac or the web interface (the changes are there by time I command-tab over!), it’s all really, really, great!

With all that is great, I have noticed some very tiny things that may be bugs. Here they are, listed in no particular order (this is all on an account with full permissions in Safari):

• I think the Inbox icon changed to the folder icon (not 100% sure, but I could have sworn it was the regular Inbox icon before I started manually refreshing the webpage)
  • In Standard view I can command click different items, but I cannot shift-click a range
  • In Widescreen view command-click does not work at all, and the highlighting for the items are grey (rather than blue when in Standard view)
  • When I do a search and then command click the documents from the results list to download them, clicking on the download icon downloads the file that was selected (while in Standard view), and none of the selected results
  • If a file is not selected while in Standard view and then one performs a search, clicking on a result will not activate the download icon
  • When selecting a document and choosing the classify icon, switching to another document moves the focus back to the info icon (it would be nice if the state would be retained)
  • H1-H4 preview in markdown files are really (!) huge
  • After logging in with the IP address or the local address and closing the browser window (with either http login or DT authentication screen), opening the link again logs me right in without prompting to authenticate (I’ve made sure that the login was not saved by Safari). Stopping and starting the server prompts for authentication again for either address.

The server feature is so great for being able to share databases; I only wish that I could afford it! But, after doing this little bit of testing, I can see why you guys are charging a premium for it. It’s a great tool. And if implemented in a workgroup like intended (e.g., for students or colleagues) the cost is actually reasonable considering each person would have to purchase a full license otherwise.

Thanks for the feedback, we will fix these for the next beta.

But, after doing this little bit of testing, I can see why you guys are charging a premium for it. It’s a great tool. And if implemented in a workgroup like intended (e.g., for students or colleagues) the cost is actually reasonable considering each person would have to purchase a full license otherwise.

Thanks for the understanding and this is such a great point to bring up. When people purchase the Server edition, they don’t have to purchase licensing per concurrent users or multiple licenses (unless they wanted to install Server on more than two machines).

That being said, WebSharing is cool and powerful, but it’s still a light version of what DEVONthink can do, so having macOS users buying licenses of DEVONthink 3 is also a thing we’d encourage. :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile: