DTPO vs DT 3.0beta7

Having this morning installed the latest beta7, using Copy Selection Hotkey (“CSH”) in DTPO doesn’t work. This is the second thing that has affected the normal operation of DTPO, the first being unable to edit group folders as previously reported. DT 3.0beta7 has also now further messed up the limited access I had for editing smart groups as well! Update; The latter now seems to be working and this time properly but it wasn’t a few minutes ago!

I do not have DT 3.0beta7 installed on a separate account and I do not have both DT 3.0beta7 and DTPO open at the same time. Also I haven’t used DT 3.0beta7 Sorter (or any earlier beta sorter except the first beta).

I have re-installed DTPO Sorter Helper Add-on whereupon CSH worked once. But not again. Frankly it’s not good enough. As we are told to not use DT 3.0beta7 or other betas for critical work, for stability reasons, I am continuing to use DTPO until DT3 is launched officially. In the meantime I don’t expect DTPO, a stable application, to be affected adversely by DT3 betas.

Subject to the final completed DT3, I am seriously considering ditching DT3 altogether and finding another app for my needs.

I do not have DT 3.0beta7 installed on a separate account

Unless you are fully transitioning to DEVONthink 3, i.e. not using DEVONthink 2.x, it is advocated to run separate accounts.

As of beta 6, DEVONthink 3 has been deemed production-stable.

Ok, so now I’ll start using DT 3.0beta7 properly.

Please tell me how to copy DTPO Global Inbox to DT3. (I note from DT 3.0beta5 release notes that when DEVONthink is first launched, the Global Inbox of DEVONthink Pro (Office) 2 is copied to ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3 - but that hasn’t happened.)

Update. I have now used export/import all files and folders.

1. Select Tools > Hide Sorter , if the Sorter is visible.
  2. Quit DEVONthink Pro (Office) 2.
  3. In the Finder, hold the Option key and choose Go > Library .
  4. In the Application Support folder, move the Cloudy folder and the Inbox.dtBase2 file from the DEVONthink Pro 2 folder to the DEVONthink 3 folder, overwriting the existing items, if prompted.
  5. Launch DEVONthink 3.
  6. In the Finder, do a Spotlight search for kind:database dtBase2 to locate any separate DEVONthink databases. Select the Show all in Finder in the righthand pane to allow easy access to them.
  7. Drag and drop the databases to DEVONthink’s dock icon to open them in DEVONthink 3.

What exactly didn’t work?