DTpro - connect to SyncStore w/o retyping pwd each time?

hello,

generally syncing via webDAV works quite well for me.

… with the ecxeption of of one small but annoying behaviour, which I think is not working the way it should… though I do not know whether the problem lies with DTpro … my computer… or me :slight_smile:

whenever I start DTpro it asks me to retype the password again for DT to connect to the syncStore. every time I check “save pwd in keychain”… just to be asked for the pwd another time the next time I start-up DTpro…

… is this default behaviour? or is there something I might have overlooked in settings? any other possible reason or similar experiences here?

… because it is unconfortable and annoying this way; and there seems to be no good reason to retype that password every time while on a trusted machine…

thx for help!
oliver

What version of DEVONthink and OS are you running?
And what WebDAV server is this connecting to?

hello,

it´s:

DTpro 2.9.15
osx 10.12.6

as to the webDAV question:
I am no real network-admin. so I hope this is helpful:
I am using a service provided by my host-provider that is called LiveDisk; the particular thing is that it uses port 80, and it allows to use it as a virtual disk on the computer which is also the webDAV folder. otherwise I am connecting to it via a ftp-connection…
if you let me know what specific kind of info is needed I can find out more about all that…

thanks for your help!
oliver

Have you checked with your service provider?

If the service is not configured (by them) to use a persistent IP address you are likely to be prompted repeatedly for authentication – which is a good thing, since macOS is protecting you from spoofed web sites.

thx Bluefrog,

so, if I am understanding right it´s an ‘issue’ with the webDAV; but an ‘issue’ that is indicative of some good web-security…

… if that is the case, I am happy to stay in that mode.
I though it might be something about bad presets or other buggy/faulty things.

if I get you right you would count that out.
in which case I am a little wiser now; and happy to stay as is…

thx + best!
oliver

Actually, it was fellow User korm who responded.

What service provider is offering this LiveDisk?