DTTG 3.0 & Family Sharing?

Yes, did this with the one-time purchased version. Didn‘t work.

And when V2 is present on that device, does it work then? We believe this might be a bug.

@BLUEFROG asked me yesterday the same question.

In the second try with my son‘s iPad Air we first installed v2, and then v3 selected from my purchases.

It was neither working at once, nor after pressing retry/restore.

That must be an other bug.

I had DTTG2 still installed and can confirm that this mirrors my experience too

For one-time purchases it only seems to work when you don’t simply install the app from the App Store but from App Store > Account > Purchased > (Purchasing Person). The Retry/Restore should work now.

The above is the method I used to install DTTG3 on my wife’s devices and Retry / Restore did not work

Version 3.0.1 should fix this problem.

1 Like

Here same problem. But not family sharing

Bought upgrade on iPhone
On iPad I have to buy full version. Same Apple ID, restore not possible

As just said above: Version 3.0.1 is already waiting for Apple’s review.

Unfortunately still not working for me on 3.0.1. I’ve updated my ticket with support.

So you have subscribed, visited App Store > Your Account > Subscriptions > DEVONthink To Go 3 and checked that the subscription is shared, and you still don’t get the shared subscription on your wife’s iOS device after Retry/Restore?

Or have you bought the one-time upgrade purchase? These are two technically completely different things and might behave differently. Just making sure.

Doesn‘t work here with getting one-time purchase on family member‘s iPhone :weary:

Only v3 from my purchases: the upgrade options missing (expected that), but retry/restore does no change.

v2 installed and opened, v3 installed from my purchases: the upgrade options are offered, but not active. Retry/restore does not help. Choose the upgrade asks for money again, so I didn‘t check further and cancelled.

Have you updated to version 3.0.1?

Yes, I did. And just checked: 3.0.1 will be installed from my purchased apps, too.

Could you please share a screenshot? Pictures often say more than a thousand words.

I’m having the issue with the one time purchase (not the subscription), same experience as rdb.

Restoring across my personal devices works, family sharing does not.

@JoelBerger And you are sure that you have not, by accident, installed DEVONthink To Go on these iOS devices in the family from the App Store directly instead of installing it from the purchases of the Apple ID that you used for purchasing it?

In the screenshot it all looks OK: one-time purchase applied, all clear.

Downloaded v3.0.1 from purchased apps:

Downloaded v2.7.9 and started up to Inbox; download v3.0.1 (both from purchased apps):

Already pressed Wiederherholen / Wiederherstellen

And you had done exactly this already on another device where you actually purchased it?

I just double-checked to be sure, and the install is coming from App Store > Account > Purchases > (Sharing Account).

Hmm. Interesting. We have activated Family Sharing for all five in-app purchases. Restarting the device doesn’t help too? Just trying to imagine what could help as the Family Sharing mechanics are wholly on Apple’s side.

Maybe the Console.log from one of these family devices could help (connect to Mac, access DEVONthink To Go’s Documents folder in the Finder).