DTTG 3.0 move into DB and then sync over iCloud vs Indexing iCloud folders?

Congratulations DEVONthink Team on DEVONthink To Go v3!

I am rather new to DEVONthink and been only using the mac app for the last couple of weeks. That’s why I waited for DTTG 3.

My question is do you recommend moving files into database and then sync over iCloud (with newer and better iCloud integration), or should I keep aliases of the iCloud folders in DT(like I have been using DT for mac)? To be honest I don’t even know if this is even possible or not. Hence, I wanted to clear it up before setting things up.

If you say “aliases”, do you mean “indexed” in DT terminology? In that case, the pros and cons have been discussed at length here and in the documentation.
If “alias” means something else - what exactly?

1 Like

Yeah Indexing. Sorry for the confusion.

I wanted to discuss whether the new iCloud sync system changes anything. Does it make more sense now to sync over iCloud for example. Being able to open documents in other apps through share button can also impact the discussion.

Indexing has no bearing on using the Share menu nor does it have any effect on the CloudKit sync. The same concepts apply as they did with the legacy sync.

1 Like