DTTG 3 crashes on iOS 15

I need to have some synching setup to give the app some data.

?
No data was needed for this test.

I wa just testing an anecdotal experience to see if it was a one-off occurrence on my iPhone.

OK. I reinstalled with no data, restarted a few times and app did not crash.I did not have screen recording turn on as I don’t have it on this phone (far as I can tell).

For the crash to re-appear, my hunch is that I’d have to be using it but with no data I’m unlikely to be using … I thought I would wait until IOS and/or DEVONthink ToGo is updated to try to use again.

Thanks. I’m testing an internal build now, so we’ll see where it goes.

Same crash here. Had DTTG running fine on iPhone 11 Pro on iOS 14, did the phone to phone upgrade to a new iPhone 13pro , got the crash described above.

Deleted the app and data, reinstalled, now DTTG is asking me to pay . I bought DTTG V2, then a few months back did the upgrade to DTTG 3. How do I convince the iPhone that I have already purchased the app? The restore button doesn’t do anything

Thanks

NM,

Did a little searching on your forum. Bought it under my other Apple ID ( when will apple ever let us combine 2 apple IDs!??!!?)

Signed in to App Store under correct ID and restore worked

1 Like

Thanks for the follow-up!

Hello,
Also crashing on startup since IOS15 - tried to re-install re-synch. but no go - Ok on iPad and Mac.
Sent IPS.
Regards,
Philippe

Welcome @philippecmartin

Thanks for the report! We are investigating this issue now.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

same crashes here - sorry for the duplicate report - I’ll send diagnostics later.

update: just sent the file

thanks again

Same issue: iPhone 11 Pro Max ios 15

Same here, iOS 15 on 12 Pro Max. Sync via WebDAV.

Yep, same, 15.1 on IP 11

et al:
We are investigating the crash at this time. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

This is affecting me too. DT 3 crashes every time I try and open it on my iPhone 11. Basically it hangs for about 10 or 15 seconds and then crashes. Rebooting phone does nothing. Currently not able to use DEVONthink 3 at all on my iPhone. I am running iOS 15.0.1

Also having crash/ inability to open DTTG

DTTG on iOS 15 worked fine until this morning, having the same issues since then. Sent the ips file, thanks for investigating! Hope you and/or Apple can figure out a fix :slight_smile:

Working for me now - i updated my phone to 15.0.1 and updated DT for Mac to 3.8.

Crashing for me also on launch. As per others get the loading screen for about 10 seconds then crashes.

Welcome @dgold
We are testing internal builds right now. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

I’m experiencing a similar crash. I submitted an “ips” file of the repeated crash from the “Analytics & Improvements” data of my phone to support. I also submitted the “ips” file, with an earlier time stamp, of the initial crash.

The crash is repeatable for me. This is the second time it has happened. Removing, reinstalling and re-syncing DTTG restores things.

The sequence of events for the crash are as follows:

• Long press on a numbers spreadsheet file to bring up the contextual menu.
  • Pick “Share”, then pick “Numbers”
  • The sheet opens in Numbers as expected.
  • I add a couple of cells of data to the sheet.
  • I tap on “Spreadsheets” to close the sheet.
  • I tap on little back arrow “Devonthinnk” return item in the upper leftmost corner of the screen.
  • The DTTG screen appears with the share sheet just as it was before.
  • I top on the close button (X) in the upper right corner of the share sheet.
  • After a few seconds, DTTG crashes.

From then on, DTTG crashes on startup. If I open the app, I see a blank screen with the DTTG icon in the center for several seconds, and then I’m tossed back to springboard.

I hope that information is helpful to guys as you track down what’s wrong.

1 Like