DTTG crashing when adding tag to new markdown file

Hi,

I use the newest version of DTTG and DTTG always crashes when creating a new markdown file and adding a tag to the new file prior to saving the file.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report!
This will be addressed in the next maintenance release. Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Same here.

See my reply :wink:

Sorry still crashing with the new version.
I was adding a second tag and waiting for the tag to be auto completed.
And there it crashed…

Thanks for the report! I think this was actually confused for a different issue. I have confirmed this crash and am filing an issue. Thanks for your patience, assistance, and understanding

I think it’s not just Markdown files. I’m getting crashes when I change the Label value for a PDF. This is with DTTG 3.3.3, which the App Store says is the latest version.

Changing the label where? In the Info popup via the toolbar button > Info or contentual menu?

Via the toolbar.

Specifically, I tend to work in the iPad’s split screen mode, reading a PDF in DTTG and taking notes in Scrivener. When I’m done, I change the PDF’s label and sometimes add a short Comment. The crash occurs when I close the Info popup, but not every time. When I reopen DTTG, the PDF reflects the changed metadata – the crash occurs after that information is saved.

I sometimes have sync errors if DTTG is trying to sync at the same time as Scrivener (Scrivener’s sync is manually activated), but I’m not sure whether those are related to the crash or not.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Please…

1. Connect your mobile device to your Mac.

2. If you are running macOS 10.14 or earlier, open iTunes, select the device and press the Sync button at the bottom of the window.
    If you are running macOS 10.15 or later, select the device in the Finder’s sidebar and press the Sync button at the bottom of the section displaying the mobile device storage information.

3. In the Finder press Command-Shift-G and paste: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice.

4. Inside the folder for your device there should be a crash report with the date of the crash in the filename. Please send that when you respond to this ticket.

5. If there doesn’t appear to be a report, check the Retired folder of the folder for your device.

6. Please attach crash logs when you start a support ticket. Thanks.

The latest update may have fixed this issue. I’ll file this post away and let you know if I see it again.

Sounds good. At your leisure and convenience.