DTTG ... how to close database

I have an encrypted database. It syncs fine to my iPhone and iPad. But, I would like to close the database in DTTG when I want to for protection but I can’t figure out how to do it. I see how to delete it, but that isn’t what I want to do. Thank you for helping the helpless.

You can’t close databases in DEVONthink To Go.
You can add a mandatory passcode and optional TouchID or FaceID in its Settings > Security so opening or switching to the app requires at least the passcode.

Note: You MUST remember the passcode if you decide to use the security option. There is NO WAY for us to recover or discover what it is _(and it wouldn’t be very secure if we could).

Thank you very much! I will do the passcode thing.

Ok and you’re welcome :slight_smile:

Hi,
Is there any way to have been prompted for the passcode or Face ID in opening DTTG? it looks like once I have passcode protected database and synced in DTTG, I have always get passcode prompt/Face ID.
Is there any way yo prompt only passcode/Face ID if the first document I will see on the DTTG or access the passcode protected database? It might be not impossible as DTTG dot not support multiple instance unlike the macOS version

Welcome @cychong

If you have DEVONthink To Go’s Settings > Security set to Immediately, you should be prompted every time you return to the application. You could set a longer interval if this behavior is undesirable.