DTTG Markdown search

When you create a text document by hand, is it found for you then? I have a suspicion.

I did this twice just now. Once in the Journal database, in the active group, “202110”. And once in the Global Inbox. Both times creating a markdown doc with title “Test Search” and content “WTF 1290 test search”. No shortcuts, no cutting and pasting, just text entry on my phone. Waited a bit. Search for 1290 gets nothing, WTF search gets aforementioned Tag group.

Ahaaaaaa!!!
I did all the things as outlined in the previous post this morning. I just got back from running errands for a few hours and tried the search on the test docs and it worked. I still haven’t touched my laptop or iPad if that’s pertinent.

So @eboehnisch, is your suspicion that it’s shortcut related because that would be a reasonable conclusion at this point

Thank you so much for confirming. Noted as a bug for fixing in one of the next maintenance releases.

It was a bug this whole time? How interesting and very…bug like.
Shortcut-created markdown documents weren’t getting indexed on the device they were created on but where being indexed on synced iOS and MacOS devices, does that sum it up?

Exactly. It seems that documents added via Shortcuts were not marked as needing indexing. When you now sync them to another device that device might then create the indexable test and send it, via sync, back to the first device.

And yes, you’re the first to report this.

Fixed for 3.2.3.

1 Like