DTTG Minor Quirks or Bugs

I give up. I don’t have the energy or the time.

I simply want a iPad app that makes it easy to find the global search. Currently it’s not easy. It’s obscure enough that I have an Obsidian note.

I’m going to workout now.

3 Likes

Example: When searching here from the leftmost column, the databases column, tapping a search result would open it in the rightmost column, the documents column. To actually view the document you’d need to tap it once which dismisses the leftmost column and fully reveals and un-dims the document. To now switch to the next search result you’d need to reveal the leftmost column again, resulting in more taps. In addition, the middle column wouldn’t play any role and so just show whatever it showed last.

On the iPhone this is different as there is just one column that pushes the next view, whatever it is: a group’s contents or a document.

What I’m wondering: do you use your iPad in landscape or portrait mode? Because: In landscape mode the middle column (groups) is usually the visible one where the left column (databases) only appears on demand and is closed usually immediately after choosing something.

Eric, I’m genuinely not picky how this is implemented. I continue to point out that the current functionality is so well hidden that I had to ask here to find it. The functionality isn’t in agreement with your MacOS app or iOS app. That’s what is confusing. You ask what I would do? I’ve a hamfisted mockup based on your picture:

Make of it what you will. I hope you find a way to make it easier to find. I’m out of energy for this. I have a small business to run.

Cheers
Mark