DTTG not syncing latest updates

I noticed that my DTTG instance on my iPhone didn’t contain some recent documents that had been added by my MacBook and iMac. Both the MacBook and iMac are in sync, and I can watch changes made in one sync over to the other.

I tried to “force” a sync by disabling and re-enabling the iCloud sync option, but no luck. I then completely removed the database from the phone, disabled sync, cleaned the sync location, re-sync’d to iCloud, verified the MacBook and iMac are happy, and then re-enabled sync on the phone.

The database was downloaded and indexed, but I still don’t have recent documents. It’s almost as if DTTG is “stuck” on some older revision of the database. Any help is appreciated.

I suggest verifying your databases on both your macs and on your iPhone. Are any errors (and especially “inconsistencies”) reported? (from what you describe, I actually think that isn’t going to be the problem, but it’s worth doing anyway).

How are you syncing?

• Is there anything reported in DEVONthink’s Window > Log?
  • Is there a triangle on the sync icon in DEVONthink To Go’s bottom toolbar? If so, touch it and tell me what it reports.

Is there anything reported in DEVONthink’s Window > Log?

No.

Is there a triangle on the sync icon in DEVONthink To Go’s bottom toolbar? If so, touch it and tell me what it reports.

No.

The two Macs are working great, the phone is only syncing up to some point in time, but I’m not exactly sure when – even after blowing it all away on the phone and letting it sync back.

Nope.

How are you syncing?

iCloud (not Legacy).

Syncing wasn’t working from the phone at all (i.e., new items created on phone never made it to other computers).

I decided to delete DTTG completely and re-install from the App Store. Now I’m being asked which version I’d like to pay for. Tapping Retry/Restore doesn’t seem to do anything other than dim for a moment. Let me search/start a new topic for that one.

Edit: Apparently I don’t have DTTG 3. I’m using a version I purchased in July 2019. That explains that. Pretty sure that also explains my syncing problem, as I don’t believe DTTG < 3 have CloudKit. :expressionless:

Correct :see_no_evil: I’m glad you figured this out - I think it might have taken us quite a long time to get there otherwise :grin:

1 Like

:upside_down_face:

Everything is working now.

1 Like

“Don’t sweat the details.”

“It’s all details.”

:stuck_out_tongue: