DTTG PDF editing: already great, but a small bug

The editing toolbar for pdfs in DTTG 2.0 is really nice. Extended functionality, but moreover, I find the layout of some of the tools better thought out than in some of the dedicated pdf viewer apps. Pdf annotating is one of the things that I do so frequently that I indeed prefer not to roundtrip the document.

I found one problem when using the Apple Pencil: When I draw/write with the freehand pen tool in portrait mode, most “nearly horziontal” lines don’t show up. In fact, instead, often the sidebar gets pulled out. It seems that the program is confused between horizontal drawing strokes and the gesture for bringing out the sidebar.

In landscape mode, the sidebar is fixed, so this problem does not occur and everything works fine.

My suggestion is to disable the sidebar operation while the pdf is in edit mode. Or, do not allow the gesture to be handled by the Apple Pencil, but only with the finger (similar to how scrolling already works: If you have a pen tool active, the Pencil will draw and the finger will scroll/pan).

Otherwise, keep it coming!

The “horizontal stroke issue” should be fixed with version 2.1.5.