DTTG quitting on an iPad with Beta IOS every time I try to search

I’m experiencing a problem on my iPad Pro, where DTTG 3.0.3 crashes/quits every time I try to search something. The quitting happens right after I press Enter. The iPad is running iPadOS 14.5. I have tried relaunching iPad, ‘hard resetting’ it, and just this morning deleting and re-installing/re-syncing DTTG to no avail.

I don’t have this problem on my Mac nor on my iPhone running DTTG 3.0.3 and iOS 14.4.

Any ideas to try? Anybody else running 14.5 on their iPad?

I can confirm, it happens with both an iPad and an iPhone running 14.5.

1 Like

Is a beta release, right?

Can confirm. 14.5 is still beta but should be out soon.

So, most likely a beta problem, then. Hopefully DevonTech are on it.

We are aware of the problem and we see where it crashes: in an iOS method returning a character set. It’s likely an issue of the 14.5 beta but we’ll keep an eye on it.

1 Like

I am having the same problem. My issue for using a beta, I know, but is there any way to work around? Not being able to search is suboptimal.

Yes, revert back to 14.4 and don’t install beta software if you don’t like what may happen.

Just to be clear, I am in not complaining nor blaming DT in any way. This is on me - I am a frequent beta tester and fine with the downsides. I was just asking if other, perhaps more experienced, users had any thoughts.

It’s clearly an issue with the 14.5 beta. This should be obvious. If you are aware of and understand the risks of beta testing, nothing more needs to be said.

This is definitely from the beta. I filed an issue on it. Thanks!

The next update will fix this. We’ve made some changes that no longer make iOS 14.5 choke here.

1 Like