DTTG reports Bonjour Failed during sync

I cannot sync DEVONthink To Go v1.3.0 to DEVONthink Pro Office (v2.3.5) on OS X 10.5.8.

DTTG is running on an iPhone with iOS 6.1.3.

When attempting to sync I see this message on the iPhone:

Bonjour Failed
Bonjour was unable to find computers.

I’ve tried multiple things to fix this including setting up an ad hoc network. Nothing worked.

Earlier this year I experience sync trouble with empty folders being created on my iPhone. This issue was never resolved.

What specific steps can I try next to resolve the current problem of sync not working at all?

Thanks,

David

The next release will fix this but require at least Mac OS X 10.6.8.

Did you try to restart both DEVONthink and DEVONthink To Go or to restart the computer?

Yes, I did try restarting both DT Pro Office and the DTTG app. Got the same error message as originally reported.

Good to know a fix for the empty folder issue is forthcoming.

One other piece of info. The console app reports this in the system.log:

18 19:42:40 Davids-iMac-2 DEVONthink Pro[1635]: Plugin skipped: /Applications/DEVONthink Pro.app/Contents/PlugIns/MountainLion_Workaround.bundle

Is there anything else I can try to fix this?

Or can you suggest a workaround for getting the new items I created in DTTG since the last successful sync in Jan 2013 off my iPhone and into DT Pro Office?

Thanks.

Did you restart both devices?

That’s harmless, the plug-in is only used on Mountain Lion.

Yes. Restarted both the Mac and iPhone. Verified both devices on the same network. Attempted to sync and got the same message on the iPhone:

Bonjour Failed
Bonjour was unable to find computers

Using the Discover app on the iPhone I found this TCP service info, apparently related to DEVONThink:

_devonthink._tcp.local.

David’s iMac (2)
;iMac5,1

Davids-iMac-2.local:52318
10.0.1.6:52318
fe80::217:f2ff:fe97:cdde%en0:52318

Depending on the number of items, emailing them might be a possibility.

I’d like to save emailing items as a last resort (not sure how I would even be able to query DTTG to find those items that were created on the mobile device…)

Is there something else I can try to resolve the Bonjour error reported by DTTG?

Thanks

The last idea coming to my mind is to restart all devices (computer, iPhone & router).

I tried that. Powered all down, then started up in order: router, computer with DT Pro Office, and finally iPhone with DTTG. Still get the same Bonjour error during sync attempt.

Phew, this sounds like a really heavy networking complication. One other idea that comes to my mind would be to create an ad-hoc Wi-Fi network on the Mac (using the Wi-Fi menulet) and connect to it from the iPhone. Does that work, maybe?