DTTG seems out of sync with DTPO on one specific device

I’ve recently updated both DTTG and DTPO (v2) to the most recent version (2.7.2 and 2.11.3 respectively), but now end up with one device that seems to be partially out of sync for the Global Inbox. Not sure whether the version update is causally related though.

The most recent file I am currently missing was scanned to DTTG on macOS, edited on another iOS device, synced over a Bonjour connection back to DTTG, but doesn’t show up on a third device that I sync again. All device have a working network connection as syncing actively opens databases that I closed for testing purposes.

My quick and dirty solution would be to delete the app on the device, reinstall it and resync. But this feels somewhat unnecessary. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this situation?

Are you also running DEVONthink 3?

No DT3

No DT3

Meaning… you have no DT3, correct? :slight_smile:

Sorry about that, indeed I do not use DT3

As I suspected. This is likely related…

This seems to be related indeed. The slight difference seems to be that my file was created in DTPO, happened to sync to DTTG on one device correctly, edited on DTTG, resynced back to DTPO correctly but then does not propagate to a third device.

I am somewhat confused: what would be better for a production database now? DT3b7 or DT2?

In the meantime I’ll turn off syncing to be sure.

DEVONthink 3 was deemed production-stable as of beta 6. If you are upgrading to DEVONthink 3, I don’t think that’s a bad idea.

DEVONthink 3 was deemed production-stable as of beta 6

OK thanks. Waiting with switching was a strategy to limit bugs in production of course, but the coin seems to have flipped.

It is a decision made by Devontechnology (including @cgrunenberg and @eboehnisch I presume) of course, but if DT3b6 was production stable might I suggest to take the plunge and release DT3?

:slightly_smiling_face: